Care Hand Service Ltd is based in London, and was established in 2015 to meet the gap in the provision of domiciliary care service for service users who are deaf and other with disabilities. Also, we provide quality and affordable person centred care for the service users and their families in the community. Our focus will be on service users who are deaf, those with multi-sensory needs and others with disabilities.
Care Hand Service Ltd is a specialist service that recognises and values British Sign Language as a language in its own right, and the importance and existence of deaf culture. Also, it was founded and is being led by professionals who have first hand experience of disability and are committed to provide high quality services to service users who require support at home.
Care Hand Service Ltd staff have specialist knowledge of Deaf culture and issues and provide for the wide range of communication methods other than BSL used by Deaf people. All our staff are a committed team and have full DBS checks
Care Hand Service Ltd Service
Aims and objectives are as following:-
- To provide personal care as defined by Schedule 1 of the Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) Regulations 2010, where appropriate, to Service Users of any gender over the age of 18.
- To provide service users with the choice of how they wish to have their care provided, in accordance with their agreed plan of care.
- To foster an atmosphere of care and support with Service Users, enabling and encouraging them to live full, interesting and independent lifestyle as possible.
- To ensure that at all times, the services we provide comply with the requirements and standards of our registration and the Essential Quality Standards.
All appropriate services will be assembled in a bespoke package, to fulfill the wishes and service needs of individual service users, while enabling the service user to be as independent as possible. We aim to work with young people, adults and elderly people, offering a range of practical domiciliary care support.
Our service prices will be set according to standardised care regulations, so prices will be consistent with market rates. Our service will compete on quality, delivery of service and a unique level of insight and understanding of our service users’ needs.
- Care Hand Service will provide services based on consultation and assessment of the Service User’s needs
- Hand Service will involve Service Users in the planning and review of the services that are provided for them to ensure that their needs are met.
- Care Hand Service will consult service users, their families and other professionals about their satisfaction with the service and suggestions for improvement.
- Care Hand Service’s service users are at the heart of our activities
- Care Hand Service value and respect customer choice and preference
- Care Hand Service is committed to delivering excellent services
- Care Hand Service is open, honest and flexible
- Care Hand Service value and celebrate diversity
- Care Hand Service is accountable and committed to delivering value for money
- Care Hand Service Ltd will, as part of a planned care delivery package, provide catering services to meet the expectations of Service Users.
- Care Hand Service Ltd will ensure that Service Users are fully informed about all matters, which might affect their well-being.
- Care Hand Service Limited will afford all Service Users and staff and equality of opportunity in respect of working in the Service User’s home
- Care Hand Service Limited will share a copy of the Improvement Plan with Service Users and representatives.
> The right to be called by the name of your choice.
> The right to care for yourself as far as you are able.
> The right to independence.
> The right to have your dignity respected and to be treated as an individual.
> The right to receive an anti-discriminatory service which is responsive to your race, religion, culture, language, gender, sexuality, disability and age.
> The right of access to your own personal records and information relating to decisions made with all Home Care Staff that affect your life, and where necessary, to be assisted with this.
> The right to take an active part in any decisions about daily living arrangements that affect your life.
> The right to look after your own medicines.
> The right to control your own finances, if you are able to do so.
> The right to make personal life choices such as, what food you eat and what time you get up and go to bed within the scope of the service provision.
> The right to be involved in the writing of your own “Service Users Plan” and to be involved in any formal reviews of your needs, which take place at regular intervals.
> The right to access a formal complaints procedure and to be represented by a friend, relative or adviser if necessary.